Friday, August 22, 2008

New Knife Design Tonight




Here's a new one I ground out tonight. Resembles a FireAnt, but has the finger choil and pryedge/screwdriver incorporated into it. Sort of looks like a Pacu mated with a FireAnt. I haven't decided if I should leave the end as a dedicated screwdriver, or take it down thinner to make it more functional as a pryedge. What would you all like to see on it?

Pictured above is the prototype/template before heat treat and finishing. It'll look better after;)

This one, along with the first batch, is made from CPM 3V. Should be tough and sharp!

Very secure in the hand also.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is sweet!!! I would love to have this one....

Simeon V.

Anonymous said...

Got so excited over the design I almost forgot to comment on it....I think that you should leave the end as is a screwdriver tip....

Simeon V.

Anonymous said...

You are killing my wallet!!! agree with Simeon, leave the screwdriver at the end!!!

Ed

Anonymous said...

Wow...great little knife. This is a must have. I'm also in agreement with keeping the screwdriver tip.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Joshua, I was looking at these tonight--I still think "finger dragon" works, btw, and something occurred to me: what you thought of adding a ring on the bottom edge? That makes for an incredibly handy feature on small neckers. Just a thought :)

Anonymous said...

whats the grind?