Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Glowsaic Baby Pacu and Friend

Just a couple quick shots of an order I just finished up. I think this one is the first Glowsaic Baby Pacu:) It's definitely the first utilizing the ultragreen glowpowder, since I just restocked my supply of it.

Friday, March 26, 2010


I finally managed to remember to order more green glowpowder from Glow, Inc.
Of course, I impulsively added the all weather glow paint and the glow rocks to the order;)

Stellite 6B Mini Makemake

Here is the last Mini Makemake made from Stellite 6B. I hope to get more Stellite (both 6K and 6B) in the next couple of months. This one is already on the way to Europe:)
No lynx stamp, because this stuff is so hard, it would squash/ruin the stamp.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Last 3 Mini Prymeras from the last batch

I just finished up the last 3 Mini Prymeras this afternoon. Each is 100% handmade from CPM-S30V. I'll try to list them on the website this evening or tomorrow sometime as soon as I can catch up on some emails:)

Lefty Shorty Prymera (fullsize)

Here are some better pics than the original.
This one has been sitting on a table in the shop waiting to be finished up for well over a year. It features a large ultragreen glowdot, and is handmade from CPM-S30V. This one is spoken for:)

Friday, March 19, 2010

Glowsaic Pryranha #1

Here is the very first Glowsaic Pryranha I've made. It's going to the winner of the USN Giveaway contest held by beardy and chacon. Thanks guys!:)

Last Two DragonToes

Here's a pic of the last two DragonToes I finished up from the last batch. The top one is "sterile"; apparently I forgot to stamp it before heat-treating.
Each is made of CPM S30V and has a single 1/8" mosaic pin:)

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tiamat/Thiamat the Stellite 6K DragonToe

These pics stink, as I had to take them in the house since it's dark. I think this one will remain a one-of-a-kind, so I can give it a formal name. I've been wanting to name one of these "Tiamat" after the DND main dragon. I was never into DND, but did watch the animated Saturday morning cartoon in the '80s, and always loved and was impressed by that dragon/character. I'll get better pics posted (daylight) tomorrow.This thing is sharp as hell, and actually scares the fine hairs off my arm; no shaving required. Also, I believe this is my first Stellite 6K blade.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Razorwire stainless damascus Mini Makemake

I'm sending this one out to a friend/customer today, and just wanted to grab a couple pics of it.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Double Glowsaic Makemake in Titanium

Here are some pictures of the double Glowsaic Makemake in titanium. The top pic shows the two different mosaic pins from the front. The second pic is the tool from the back. What's is really neat is, if you look closely, you can see that the pin toward the front of the tool (the pryend) is hollow in the center, and I was able to get the glow goo to dribble through by applying heat with the heat gun when setting the pins and epoxy. This is also a very handy trick when trying to get out all bubbles before drying;) The result is a visible blue pinprick of light visible on the back of the tool. Pic three shows the pins glowing in low light, and pic four is the one where you can see the glowing epoxy from the back.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Latest Barracudas

Here are a couple of pics of the latest few Barracudas I've finished up. One of them (the one on the bottom) has the standard edge, and the other two have the "false zero" grind on them. This gives them the sharp edge of the zero grind with a little more durability.

Saturday, March 6, 2010


Wow, it has really been awhile since my last post. I've been extremely busy lately, and between the making, the shipping, the website, and the forum, I've had my hands full.

Here is a recent idea; I made up a titanium Mini Makemake today, and drilled the 1/8" hole for the mosaic pin. On the face (front) of the tool, I chamfered the hole down some, and then installed the mosaic pin. Chamfering the hole leaves a graduated gap between the pin and the tool, and I filled in the gap with ultrablue glowepoxy. Turned out pretty cool I think, and should be even better when I can get ahold of more ultragreen (brighter).

I'll be making a Glowsaic option available very soon (likely tomorrow when I can update the site) for all of the current titanium tools I'm making.